Spend $100.00 to get free shipping.
Wolf Hall follows the complex machinations and back room dealings of Cromwell a pragmatic and accomplished power broker, from humble beginnings and with an enigmatic past who serves king and country while navigating deadly political intrigue, the Kings tempestuous relationship with Anne Boleyn and the religious upheavals of the Protestant reformation. The story begins in 1529. King Henry VIII has been married to Katherine of Aragon for 20 years without producing a male heir. Requests for an annulment from the pope have gone unheeded. Meanwhile Anne Boleyn waits in the wings. Cardinal Wolsey has failed his sovereign in only this one matter. But Henry is not a forgiving man and Wolseys future and his life hang in the balance. At Wolseys side stands Cromwell. A soldier, a charmer, a merchant, a lawyer, this low-born son of a blacksmith has worked his way up from the gutter to become Wolseys most trusted servant. When Anne Boleyn and her supporters finally bring Wolsey down, Cromwell risks everything as he negotiates a path between his unending loyalty to the dying cardinal and his own safety and future. Soon, this political genius finds himself at the centre of the Kings plans to make Anne his Queen, thus severing Englands ties to Rome and the Catholic church. But Cromwell knows that Henrys favour is fickle. When Anne fails to produce a son, Cromwell is tasked with ridding the King of his now troublesome Queen. Ordered to find evidence, he gathers those he sees as guilty, though not necessarily as charged This is a thrilling account of the lives and emotions of people living during an extraordinary time. Cromwell is portrayed as a complex and brilliant man, at times fierce, ruthless and vengeful, but also compassionate, wise and humane..
Three Card Trick
The Devil's Spit
Master of Phantoms
Bonus Extras include:
- Peter Kosminsky - Interview with the director of Wolf Hall. Describing story of series, about Thomas Cromwell, actors and crew, includes Behind the Scenes footage.
- Mark Rylance - Interview with actor who plays Thomas Cromwell. Describes character, story based on history, includes Behind the Scenes footage.
- Mark Gatiss - Interview with actor who plays Steven Gardiner. Describes character, history, experience working on series, includes Behind the Scenes footage.
- Damian Lewis - Interview with actor who plays Henry VIII. Discusses character, story, how he relates to character, includes Behind the Scenes footage.
- Jonathan Pryce - Interview with actor who plays Cardinal Wolsey.
- Claire Foy - Interview with actress who plays Anne Boleyn. Discuss interaction of characters.
- History and Design - Interviews with Production Designer, Costume Designer, Hair and Make-Up Designer, Director of Photography, includes Behind the Scenes footage.
- The People & The Politics - Interviews with cast and crew about story line and history, shooting styles, character backgrounds, basing script on book, includes Behind the Scenes footage.
- Bringing It To The Screen - Interviews with Colin Callender (EP), Director Peter Kosminsky, Producer Mark Pybus, Writer Peter Straughan, discuss story lines, characters, original books. includes Behind the Scenes footage..